Monday, March 30, 2009

The How

I was thinking about this a few days back but did not make the time to post it here.

No major course assignment due tomorrow so I'm taking the liberty to jot down some thoughts. (yeaaaa, uni applications should be dealt with asap though)

It's so easy to feel down when we dwell on ourselves. Why? Maybe simply because we're imperfect. Our imperfections can sometimes overwhelm us.

I read the Purpose Driven Life during the Lenten season before I came to college and I still remember the lesson I learnt during the first day's chapter. 'It's not about us, it's about Him'.

If we remember that our lives are about Him, and we don't live for ourselves and our selfish desires, imagine how different everything will be.

We won't care how imperfect we are, because we know that perfection is not what we strive for. We would be focusing our lives on pleasing Him which would be perfect because that's what He (and our innermost being) desires!

I'm not pious. Nearly everytime I make the sign of the cross, I automatically say 'Lord, thank you for the food. etc. etc..' then suddenly stop (sometimes, I'm still oblivious) and go 'oops' and try to remember what I was praying for. It shows how I pray mostly during mealtimes and even then, with an absent mind.

It's worth a try though. Gah, this realization was supposed to hit me at least at the beginning of the Lenten season, not the end. Everything happens for a reason though.

Oh, another proof that I mostly only pray when I need something. When preparing to face the programme director about club business (Grace and I rehearsing our methods of persuasion on Malcolm), I called him 'Lord'. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. oh noooo.

Okay, back to business (though I'm on msn too ;p)

No comments: