Saturday, February 21, 2009

Habits die hard

Yes, the habit has been plaguing me for eons (more evidently in my time in Taylor's).
'You-know-who' bears witness to this.
Thanks for helping me so much in the applications yesterday :).

Queen P.
[I shall rid myself of this recognition in time, and with lots of effort!=] ]
---

On another note, there are lots of items on my agenda this weekend. Assignments.
On second thought, it probably is on the same note.

--

Every single one of us is a soul, an individual trying to find our way in life. We may try to fit in, to stand out, to be liked. We live everyday doing what we have learnt society expects us to do. Sometimes we are struck by a sudden realization that what we are doing does not make sense. I felt the mimetic ummm... quality? of 'The Flash' in Echoes 12. Even if the author may have been referring to the political situation at the time, I felt it could be a picture of how cold we may have grown towards each other. HMmmm.
If I had more spare time on my hands I would gladly attempt to express these thoughts in a clearer and more fluid way. Oh well. <- These 2 words remind me of ming han :P

3 comments:

Malcolm said...

Yay Jules!!! Jia You!!!

Get rid of the gelaran Queen P. and become... Errr... Whatever's d opposite of d P. word laaa :P

No... I think the author's trying to say that in chasing what society says is right, we lose sight of the values that we ourselves know is right deep down inside...

I believe the flash of realization strikes us, even today once in awhile...

Makes me wonder...

Are whatever we are doing in this world "correct"?

"Yet, even now, every time (and it is often) that I find I do not understand something, then, instincitively, I am filled with the hope that perhaps this will be my moment again, perhaps once again I shall understand nothing, I shall grasp the other knowledge, found and lost in an instant." (Italo Calvino"

Hmm...



MAL
:-P

P/S: Ohmygoodness i'm taking up comment space =O :P

Krixstal said...

What how
Since when do i say that

yTze said...

malcolm: =p yeah, much food for thought. and no worries, me like comments, long or short. :P we shall discuss this further haha

krixstal: i imagine u do say 'oh well' a lot ;P