Monday, June 29, 2009

I felt inspired to blog about the sermon we heard one or two months back in the church of St. Thomas More.

I can't remember the exact words he used.

"We are a confused generation.

We keep trying to be what we are not, instead of celebrating who we are."

[At this point I turn to Lilian and go, 'whoaaaaaa'...]

That really struck me. So many of us are trying to be like others, though there are some who are trying real hard (or too hard) to be different from others.
The question now is, who are we?

Which brings me to recall what I read in a senior's FB profile (I'm no stalker.. I'm not!). When asked 'describe yourself', she wrote 'I'm more interested in discovering other people.'
Hmmmm.


Just wanna say, it's okay to be different =].
God created me to be me and you to be you.

We should stop pressuring people to conform. There's this socially defined 'very quiet' person who's aware that being like that is his choice and he's alright with it. Everyone else should be too. Right?

I suppose the mainstream opinion is that talkative people are the ones who are noticed and grab the opportunities.

Hmmm... too lazy to think now, sleepy.

No comments: