Waaaaaa.
Wow man. 2 weeks gone in the blink of an eye.
Me: *thinking it was just yesterday that I told Pita 'aii, 2 minggu saja saya balik dah'*
Ainaa: *thinking that 2 weeks felt like a whole semester*
Me: *realizes that I think the same way as the nice fierce woman*
Whoa.
Man, if only we could write in this style for IELTS. =)
From THIS moment onwards, I shall speak proper English!
It is defintely hard to do but we should give it a try. It will be worth it when we're facing the examination in March. I wonder if people in the same boat as me are silently cursing me for reminding them about this psychological beast looming ahead. I am not sure whether there is such a term called 'psychological beast'. I am just trying to find bombastic phrases to impress the people I shall need to impress in the near and distant future.
However, I realize now that the possibility that we are strongly advised against using bombastic phrases with meanings we are not sure of is high. As such, I may devote myself to following the advice of my primary school teacher all those years ago, 'don't beat around the bush and don't use bombastic words!' though I am sure that she would encourage the use of bombastic words if we were sure of what they meant. After all, the beauty of language is the accuracy with which they portray our thoughts. Awareness of the existence of bombastic words and applying them correctly would justify the words' status as appropriate and in truth, the opposite of bombastic.
Influenza has been hovering threateningly in the air these few days. The drowsiness that afflicts an individual at 8pm in the evening is undoubtedly a forewarning of the invasion of the unwelcome visitors.
I am going to miss people during the holidays. While missing these people, I will be spending time with some of the people whom I've been missing while I was here. The aforementioned feelings are obvious in nature and usually have no need for mention. I justify these rantings as practice for future writing and hope this practice will actually aid my future. Yours as well. It is my hope that the possibly queer use of language I am exhibiting will not mislead unfortunate passer-bys.
I have just been hit with a wave of contentment upon the realization that I have managed to construct a significant number of sentences in relatively formal style. I also acknowledge the fact that I usually find online journals written in this style to be a tiring read. I now find myself hoping that I will be able to broaden my areas of interest in terms of reading material so that I will not be equated to being a frog under a coconut shell in terms of being aware of people's views and works.
Wahlau eh. =p
...
my apologies, it was too tempting.
edited#: Wow, most of the sentences start with 'I'. I wonder why.
Hello again
4 months ago
7 comments:
hAV A HAPPY NEW YEAR BREAK. YET AGAIN!
HAPPY CNY JULES!!!
MAL
:-P
juju i'm worried about my muet!!! and i'm planning to sit for ielts so pls tell me how is it after sitting for it and pls tell me wat band u'll get. plus sat reasoning test some more, which i have to memorize bombastic words but dunno where to even find them!!!
my seatmate in my class suffered from influenza and fever and with the blessing and the grace of God I am not infected with the "deadly" virus.
i can only write formal styles of writing during tests. during normal lessons or blogging i usually find myself pen my words in a most informal manner, added with a touch of foreign slang and mother tongue.
lol.
thanks 4 d comment.. btw, we're all 19 (i'm still 18++ though).. anyway, it doesn't matter.. what matters is how we think of ourselves and ways to cope with our own problems.. i guess i gotta put it into action.. haha
btw, happy CNY!! c u in 1 week's time.. enjoy ya..
I'm still wondering why too!
thank you east harbour rehab project =)! Next break will be in March, nyahaha.
gong xi fa chai malcolm! =D
okay, baobao. =] don't worry. high 5 for God's grace in preserving us from those nasty microorganisms! plus ooo, yes, I totally identify with the varied writing styles you have just described.
Hehe, I think I'm pretty kepo. happy cny grace! :)
*joins krixstal in attempts to determine the meaning behind the self-absorbed style of writing*
i'm worried about muet!!! they changed da format and we're da experimental batch. even winnie obtained band 5. i'm so dead.
Post a Comment