Sunday, January 8, 2012

Here's to 2011 and hello there to 2012!

2011 brought many blessings, many experiences, some pleasant, others not so, but through it all, we grew as always. Grew in self-knowledge, understanding, and love.

Here's to 2012!
New Year's resolution:
Handle my personal responsibilities better so that I may be at peace and more available for others.
Accept others as they are, not the romanticized version of them in my mind, and let others learn to accept me.

At the same time, I find this helpful for the times I find myself judging someone =)
St Therese of Lisieux once wrote:
"How do I react when in my mind's eye, I see the defects of someone who doesn't attract me? I remind myself of all that person's good qualities, all her good intentions."

1 comment:

everjihad said...

i like that,

"How do I react when in my mind's eye, I see the defects of someone who doesn't attract me? I remind myself of all that person's good qualities, all her good intentions."

reminds me to aiman azlan's vlog =)

How to Make 70 Excuses for Other People


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRipa6KII-0

Hamdun al-Qassar, a Muslim scholar from the earlier generations of Islam, said, "If a friend among your friends errs, make seventy excuses for them. If your hearts are unable to do this, then know that the shortcoming is in your own selves." =)

lets try harder in stopping ourself from being judgemental. (at least for the sake of God! ^_^)