Monday, December 6, 2010

People come and go

Sometimes it is indeed God who determines the people who come and go in one's life.

It usually bugs me when I think about people with whom I used to be close but then circumstances change (e.g. moving out of residence) and I blame the loss of contact on myself, eccentricities included.

But rekindling an intimate friendship is a two-way thing. As a friend said, sometimes it may just mean one has to move on. You've blessed each other's lives, now God may have plans for your presence to bless others.

I've met several wonderful people since, whom God has definitely placed in my life for good reasons.

Maybe it was just me being needy.
But no, I was genuinely concerned that they thought I forgot about them or no longer cared.

Well, in one friend's case, the 'you've blessed each other's lives, now God may have plans for your presence to bless others' is so true because I know that He is strongly present in her life and has so much support, especially from her various faith-based social circles. In this case, it may just be me being needy and wanting attention =) Oh well.

I end this with a prayer:
Father God, speak, act, love, minister through me. But do speak, act, love and minister to me first la. And that means I have to be more diligent in pursuing You. Not just plain consuming You. Thank You for ministering to me through ma. Thank You for ministering to her at the New Hope service. Thank You for helping me through last week, everything went well despite all that stress and fear.
I know it's up to me now, to just get up, shake myself into action and sincerely SEEK You.
Thank You for a wonderful happening weekend and here's to a great week ahead. As Father Michael said: School exams are around the corner but the real deal is when You are examining us Lord.
That said, it'll be a week of exam-preparations and yesssssssssssss, advent preparation.

6 comments:

Jess-iE said...

good one dear =) i like the 'you've blessed each other's lives, now God may have plans for your presence to bless others'

but sometimes to bless others' lives may not be the same way as how you blessed that person's life.

but although they have walked out from your life, there is no doubt they can never totally walk out from your memories. they have left you footprints in their lives, even for only a moment. the beauty of memory =)

gah. me so confused also right now haha.

yTze said...

That insight is from my friend here (the same 'ma' later mentioned) ;p

And yes baobao, definitely not gone from memories. :)

haha! I don't quite get your second point :P

Hexen Ong said...

*hugs julie =)
U've blessed me soo much, n ur still blessing me!!! =DD

yTze said...

Aww, thank you Hexen :)) *hug*
You've been blessing me too~ and a whole lot of people ;)

Zhen Lim said...

Completely felt the same. :)

Hi Julie. *waves*

yTze said...

Oh Zhen.. that makes me so sad =(

*hug*
I want to look for you on gmail chat if you have time when I get back from a friend's place tomorrow.