Not a smart thing to ponder when it's 12.27am in the morning and you've still got readings for a lecture in the morning.
Could it be my subconscious urging me to prepare for that newly announced 12 page essay (my debut in a political science course, thank you very much) assignment?
Hm. On another note, I'm thankful to YES!+ for organizing the talk 'Success without Stress' by Swami Pragyapad.
Is it better to be stressed when handling a situation, or relaxed and happy when facing the same situation?
:P
It sounds obvious but it serves as a handy reminder.
He also reminded us that happiness can be a 'now' and not a 'goal'. I choose to be happy. Happiness isn't a destination but a choice. It's easy for me to say of course, since I'm abundantly blessed.
It's true though, that you can feel the sky is the limit when you're happy.
I've always thought of myself as one who needs loads and loads of preparation in order to present something well. That hastily organized performance sure gave me assurance that spontaneity and improvisation is .... there.
Now I know why I stopped writing long entries.
Hah. maybe I should start writing in a more organized way, and not follow my stream of consciousness, because I'm not aspiring to become Virginia Woolf just yet.
Ah what the toot :).
Love life with its opportunities, people and places and yourself. Thank you God. Please help me to be what You want me to be, to do what You want me to do, to say what You want me to say and love as how You want me to love.
Though it can all be summarized in that last bit, help me to love as how You want me to love. For the greatest commandment of all is to love.
Last intervening thought before I end this post;
The 5 most common regrets of the dying:
- I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me
- I wish I didn't work so hard
- I wish I had the courage to express my feelings (regarding pent up irritation and bitterness)
- I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends
- I wish that I had let myself be happier
No, I did not make that up, it's from an email my papa sent me.
4 comments:
aww........no worries jz live ur days filled with joy and let those moments stay in your heart so that whenever you feel down, they can make you smile =)
love ya!
Love you too Bao Bao! :)
Then are you making the choice to be happy all the time!
Wish you laugh crazily all the time (as usual you)
regards,
Joker
siaw smth de smth smth :P:
yes, I hope so too =]
the same goes to you ok!
Post a Comment